President Donald Trump’s pick Gina Haspel was voted in by the Senate as the new head of the CIA, despite playing a key part in post-9/11 torture programs under President George W. Bush. It could not have happened without the help of six Democratic senators. Only one of them, Bill Nelson of Florida, still has a primary opponent. As for the rest of them, when you get a fundraising call from the Democratic National Committee or the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, tell them NO, you won’t help the national Party until they stop supporting these terrible senators. Give your money to local candidates instead.
- Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia – already won his primary
- Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana – was unopposed in the primary
- Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida – primary opponent is Tamika Lyles, primary is August 28
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota – unopposed, Dustin David Peyer withdrew. Primary is June 12.
- Sen. Jeanne Shaheen of New Hampshire – not up for reelection until 2020
- Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia – not up for relection until 2020
Every one of these senators also voted with the Republicans to deregulate banks.